Embark on a journey to Puerto Princesa, a captivating destination where nature’s wonders intertwine with sustainable practices. Explore this unique Philippine city, recognized as one of the “Green Cities” for its dedication to protecting its natural treasures.
Immerse Yourself in Breathtaking Landscapes:
- Underground River: Navigate the world-renowned Puerto Princesa Underground River, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and New7Wonders of Nature. Marvel at the limestone formations, pristine forests, and the majestic 8.2-kilometer underground river.
- Honda Bay: Discover a paradise of crystal-clear waters teeming with diverse marine life. Snorkel through vibrant coral reefs and encounter colorful fish, playful sea turtles, and fascinating creatures. Relax on idyllic beaches amidst breathtaking scenery.
- Nagtabon Beach: Seek serenity at this secluded beach, perfect for a peaceful escape. Enjoy panoramic views, unwind with a picnic, or catch waves depending on the weather conditions.
- Ugong Rock Adventures: Thrill-seekers rejoice! Explore the towering, moss-covered Ugong Rock formation. Embark on spelunking expeditions, zipline across breathtaking vistas, or try rock climbing and base jumping for an adrenaline rush.
- Palawan Wildlife Rescue and Conservation Centre: Learn about and witness endangered species at this wildlife center. Observe saltwater and freshwater crocodiles, explore the hatchling house, and even witness feeding demonstrations.
Book your tours and hotels with Klook and use our promo code: ESCAPEMANILA to get 3% off on tours and activities and 5% off on hotel bookings.Klook.com
Experience Rich Culture and History:
- Plaza Cuartel: Step back in time at this historical landmark, once a grim reminder of the Palawan Massacre during World War II. Today, it serves as an open-air war museum and shrine, honoring the fallen American prisoners-of-war.
- Puerto Princesa City Baywalk Park: Stroll along the scenic seaside promenade, a local favorite known for its sunset views. Rent a bike, savor delicious street food, or unwind at a restaurant offering fresh seafood.
Indulge in Local Delights:
Savor the distinct flavors of Palawan with its fresh seafood dishes, tropical fruits, and unique delicacies. Explore local markets and restaurants to discover culinary gems like curacha (slipper lobster), tamilok (woodworm larvae), and kinilaw (raw seafood marinated in vinegar).
- Best Time to Visit: Dry season, from November to May, offers ideal weather conditions.
- Getting Around: Tricycles and jeepneys are readily available. Renting a motorbike or car provides more flexibility.
- Sustainable Practices: Opt for eco-friendly tours and accommodations that support local communities and conservation efforts.
How to Get to Puerto Princesa?
Puerto Princesa, the vibrant capital of Palawan, is a gateway to stunning beaches, lush rainforests, and unique wildlife. Whether you’re coming from within the Philippines or abroad, here’s how to get there conveniently:
From Manila to Puerto Princesa:
- By Air: The fastest and most common option is flying. Several airlines offer daily flights from Manila’s Ninoy Aquino International Airport (NAIA) to Puerto Princesa International Airport (PPS). Travel time is around 1 hour 15 minutes.
- By Ferry: If you prefer a more leisurely journey, consider taking a ferry from Manila to Puerto Princesa. 2GO Travel operates a weekly ferry service with a travel time of approximately 28 hours.
- Book flights or ferry
From Cebu to Puerto Princesa:
- By Air: Similar to Manila, Cebu has direct flights to Puerto Princesa. Airlines like Cebu Pacific and Philippine Airlines offer regular connections, with a flight time of about 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Book a flight
From El Nido to Puerto Princesa:
- By Van: Vans are the most common way to get from El Nido to Puerto Princesa. The scenic journey takes about 5-6 hours.
- By Bus: Another option to get to Puerto Princesa from El Nido is by taking a bus. It is more comfortable than taking the van but the travel time is longer.
- Book a bus or van
From Coron to Puerto Princesa:
- By Ferry: 2Go Ferry has a weekly service from Coron to Puerto Princesa. Travel time is around 11 hours.
- By Ferry + Van/Bus via El Nido: Take a ferry to El Nido from Coron, then hop on a bus or van to Puerto Princesa.
- Book a ferry
From other places in Palawan to Puerto Princesa:
- By Van: Vans are a popular and affordable way to travel between towns in Palawan. There are multiple daily trips from Port Barton, Taytay, and Sabang in Palawan.