Coron is a beautiful island located in the Calamian Islands in the northern part of Palawan. If you’re starting your journey in Puerto Princesa, it will be a little challenging as there is no direct flight from the city to Busuanga (Coron). Here are your options:
Puerto Princesa to Coron – Direct Ferry
There is a direct ferry from Puerto Princesa to Coron via 2Go Travel but the schedule is only twice a week so it’s very limited. The ferry departs from Puerto Princesa Pier at 6:00 am every Sunday and at 10:00 pm every Wednesday. It is scheduled to arrive in Coron after 17 hours. It is quite a long journey but 2Go has comfortable accommodations especially if you take the cabin room. The fare starts at around Php1,500 for economy class and Php1,800 for a cabin room. The fare fluctuates and goes up during peak season. It is highly recommended to book your ticket in advance.
Puerto Princesa to Coron via El Nido – Bus/van + Ferry
Another option to go to Coron from Puerto Princesa is via El Nido. First, you need to catch a bus or van from Puerto Princesa to El Nido. The trip is around 5 hours by van and around 7 hours by bus. There are multiple trips a day so it shouldn’t be a problem even if you arrive in the afternoon. The last trip for the van is around 5:30 and 9:00 pm for the bus. The fare starts at around Php600. You can check the schedule here.
Once you arrive in El Nido, you can take a ferry to Coron. There are daily departures at around noon time. The travel time is around 5-6 hours and the fare starts at around Php3,000. You can check availability or reserve a ticket in advance.
Puerto Princesa to Coron via Manila – Connecting Flight
The fastest and most convenient way to go to Coron from Puerto Princesa is by taking a connecting flight via Manila. There are multiple daily flights from Puerto Princesa to Manila and Manila to Busuanga. If you book in advance, it will probably cost you less than the previous two options.
Once you arrive at Busuanga Airport, there are vans you can take to go to Coron Town Proper.
Whichever option you choose, it’s recommended to book your transportation in advance, especially during peak season, to ensure availability and to avoid disappointment.
Once you arrive in Coron, you’ll be able to enjoy all the island has to offer, including its world-famous dive sites, stunning beaches, and vibrant culture. Whether you’re a first-time visitor or a seasoned traveler, Coron is sure to provide you with an unforgettable experience.
Getting from Puerto Princesa to Coron in A Glance
Ah, Coron! This island paradise awaits, and Puerto Princesa is your gateway. Here’s a comprehensive guide to help you navigate your journey:
- Consider your priorities: Speed, budget, and comfort determine your best option.
- Research travel dates: Peak season (Oct-May) means higher prices and limited availability. Book ferry and flight tickets in advance!
- Pack essentials: Sunscreen, swimwear, comfortable shoes, and light clothes are crucial.
- Fastest: There is currently no direct flight from Puerto Princesa to Coron. But, you take a connecting flight to Coron via Manila.
- Most expensive: Prices start at ₱5,000 and go up during peak season.
- Convenient: Perfect for short trips or those who dislike boats.
- Airlines: Cebu Pacific, Philippine Airlines, AirSwift, Sunlight Air
- Cheapest: Ferry tickets start at ₱350 for economy class and can reach ₱4,500 for cabins.
- Relaxing: Enjoy the scenic sea journey, but be prepared for potential choppiness.
- Time-consuming: Direct ferries take 11-13 hours. Combined ferry-van options can take 12-17 hours.
- Book on: 2Go Travel is the main ferry operator. Book online
3. Van + Ferry:
- Mid-range: Prices start at ₱3,300, combining speed with affordability.
- Mixed experience: Enjoy a quicker van ride followed by a ferry journey.
- Good compromise: Ideal for those seeking balance between time and budget.
- Book on: Many travel agencies offer combined van-ferry packages. Book online
- Airport transfers: Arrange van transfers from Busuanga Airport to Coron Town Proper (₱250 per person).
- Ferry terminals: In Puerto Princesa, board at the New Pelabuhan Port. In Coron, alight at Coron Ferry Terminal.
- Luggage: Pack lightly for ferries, especially if choosing economy class with limited space.
- Seasickness: Consider medication if prone to seasickness.
- Tours and Hotels: Book your tours and hotels with KLOOK. Use our promo code: ESCAPEMANILA to get 3-5% discount
- This guide provides general information. Always check updated schedules and prices with individual operators.
- Enjoy your trip! Coron awaits with turquoise waters, stunning beaches, and unforgettable experiences.